Job vacancy details
Dates: Job start September 2021
Location: Cheshire West and Chester
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
The deadline for applications is 12pm Friday 14th May. Shortlisting will take place on Monday 17th May with interviews to take place on Monday 24th May.
The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic teacher, who is ready for the next stage within their career, who can demonstrate outstanding classroom practise, be an outstanding role model and become a committed member of our team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and experienced qualified class teacher to join our vibrant team. Teaching one of our KS2 classes, you will also have responsibility for subject leadership across the school along with potentially leading a small team.
Our school boasts new resources, which combine to create a bright, modern and welcoming setting for children and staff, making this an exceptional place to teach and learn. We are very proud of what we have to offer.
At Farndon, we are committed to raising standards through providing the highest quality education for all our children in an environment where they feel secure and valued. We are a village school with a warm and caring ethos and candidates should show a willingness to uphold our school’s core values. We offer an aspirational, friendly team and we are committed to continuing professional development to enhance teaching and learning.
The application form should be accompanied by a letter no longer than two sides of A4 paper stating the reasons you feel you would be suitable for the position. The person specification can be found on the website.
Farndon Primary is also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to reference checks, enhanced DBS and proof of legal working in the UK.
What we are looking for:
- QTS or equivalent and an undergraduate degree
- An effective practitioner with high expectations
- Commitment to achieving the best outcomes for all pupils
- An innovative and highly motivated teacher
- Experience of mixed age classes
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- An excellent communicator and team player
- Experience of middle leadership and successfully leading a subject, leading to positive impact beyond their own classroom.
Why work at Farndon Primary?
- New modern facilities and resources for our school, which is a bright, modern and welcoming place for children and staff to be.
- We are a Good school having been inspected as recently as March 2020.
- A school that is at the heart of the community.
- Children who work hard and behave well; we encourage them to ‘unlock their potential’, academically and in the way they relate to others
- Personal and professional development opportunities, with a commitment develop the next generation of leaders in education through managing an area within school.
Application packs are available from the school office or email email@example.com. Please address application form and letter to Mr Andrew Walker, Farndon Primary School, Churton Road, Farndon, CH3 6QP.
Due to current circumstances we will not be able to offer show rounds but you are welcome to contact the Headteacher for further information.