Job vacancy details
Welfare Assistant - Grade 3
Kingsmead Primary School in Northwich are seeking to appoint a welfare assistant - 12½ hours per week. This post is to support one specific child with learning difficulties during lunch breaks at school and for three afternoons a week in class.
This post would suit people interested in working with children and being part of an important team in the school. We recognise the importance of happy lunchtimes for children’s wellbeing and learning and aim to have a good ratio of adults to children. We are looking for candidates with experience and understanding of children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and speech and language difficulties. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of what constitutes effective 1 to 1 support and meeting the needs of one child, while also working and interacting with other members of the class.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and candidates’ suitability to work with children will be assessed through the application form and interview.
We can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive team
- Lively and friendly children
- A commitment to supporting your development and ability to carry out your work effectively
- Supportive leaders who value each colleague equally
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work with children in a calm manner in unstructured time
- Support the school’s policy for healthy eating with good manners
- Mediate between children in their play, encouraging pro-social behaviour
- Support our expectation that we are useful and kind to everyone, unlimited
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 18th October 2021
The post is for term time only 38 weeks per year
Please see the school website for a job and person specification, form and further information. https://www.kingsmead.cheshire.sch.uk/information/working-with-us
T 01606 800170