Job vacancy details
Hartford Primary School have a vacancy for a hardworking and professional individual to join our Midday Assistant team.
Applicants will be expected to uphold high standards of care and support for all children, and be able to work effectively within a team. They will have a professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices in which they work at all times, following our school rules, code of conduct and core values.
Appointment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS)
Successful applicants will perform a variety of roles including:
- Ensuring the safety and welfare of all children, in all relevant areas, at all times, during the lunchtime period.
- Setting up the school dinner hall for lunchtime, including moving and setting up furniture
- Monitoring and supporting children in the dinner hall to ensure an orderly and efficient dinner service. Respect and good behaviour of the children is essential.
- Clearing up the dinner hall after lunchtime, including cleaning the floor and surfaces
- Helping maintain a safe and fun environment outside
- Supervising in our Oasis quiet play sessions
- Helping set up for Celebration assemblies
- Supervising winners of the Golden Table
Other daily duties which will be discussed at the time of appointment.
Midday shift runs between from 11.45am to 1.15pm and we are looking for an applicant who can work 5 days a week through term time only.
Shifts may be split if two people are looking for part time hours.
Staff will be expected to attend midday meetings which are held 6 times a year. They may sometimes be asked to come in early/stay late for special occasions.
Applications can be made online
Closing date for application is 10pm on Tuesday 13th August.
Interviews will take place on the afternoon of Tuesday 3rd September.
Start date will be Monday 9th September.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in our job vacancy. Please complete the application as fully as possible and explain any gaps in your employment history. We would like to understand more about how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the job description and person specification for the role.