Job vacancy details
Oldfield Primary School are seeking to appoint a site manager to start as soon as possible.
Our new site manager will be enthusiastic, hard-working, honest, flexible and reliable. They will be a team player and work to maintain a clean, safe and attractive learning environment at the school for the benefit of our pupils.
They will be able to prioritise jobs and manage their own workload, and will be working under the direction of the School Business Manager. They will be an effective communicator and be able to work alongside school staff and external contractors efficiently.
A knowledge of health and safety requirements in an educational establishment would be an advantage.
The role will include:
- security and key holder duties;
- maintaining standards of health and safety including undertaking statutory checks;
- monitor and operate engineering systems (boiler etc)
- undertaking health and safety checks, checking equipment;
- liaising with outside contractors;
- managing the school site including bad weather;
- general maintenance duties to maintain the internal and external school environment including minor repairs, portering and cleaning;
- Other duties are required around the school site.
Please refer to the Job Description and Specification for more information about the role.
If you would like to arrange an informal visit to the school, please telephone the School Business Manager, Louise McComb, on 01244 981772 to arrange this.
To apply for the post, please complete the application form online
Closing Date: Tuesday 15th October 2019 at 1:30 pm
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 21st October 2019
The safeguarding of children is of paramount importance at Oldfield Primary School. In line with our commitment to safeguarding our children, stringent vetting and enhanced checks on candidates’ suitability for this post will be carried out as part of our selection procedure. Please see link to School Safeguarding Policy https://www.oldfield.cheshire.sch.uk/serve_file/346801
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in our job vacancy. Please complete the application as fully as possible and explain any gaps in your employment history. We would like to understand more about how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the job description and person specification for the role.