Job vacancy details
Site Maintenance Officer
SITE MAINTENANCE OFFICER
St Bede's Catholic Primary School, Keepers Lane, Weaverham, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 3BY
25 hours per week (All year) Permanent Contract
Salary: Grade 5 - £12953 - £14301
Are you self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and hard-working and want to be a part of our supportive team?
We are looking for a Site Maintenance Officer for our one form entry primary school, with the range of skills required for the maintenance of our school building and grounds.
If you feel this is just the position for you and are confident that you have the range of skills outlined below we would love to hear from you:
- basic DIY/maintenance skills to carry out reactive repair and maintenance work
- positive cheerful outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- good organisational and time management skills
- good team worker as well as ability to be self-motivated when working alone
- responsible for the management of and the cleaning of the building and premises
- ability to liaise with third parties including contractors to arrange quotes and oversee works
- accurate record keeping skills, dealing with appropriate documentation and monitoring service schedules
- working knowledge of Health and Safety regulations, policy and procedure
- to take responsibility for ensuring compliance with statutory regulations carrying out Health and Safety checks
- clean driving licence & use of own vehicle is desirable
Training will be provided for specialist areas as required.
During the school term hours are to be worked on a split-shift basis to cover the opening and closing of the premises. There is also a requirement for the Site Maintenance Officer to attend the school premises for any alarm call outs or emergencies.
St. Bede’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All posts are subject to rigorous vetting procedures including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged – please telephone the school for an appointment.
To apply please complete the application form on the school website
or contact the school office 01606 852149
Closing date for applications: Noon 27 November 2019
Interview date: to be confirmed with short listed candidates
Start date: by agreement
Job Type: Part-time, Permanent Contract
How to apply
Application form can be found on the school website via this link:
or contact Mrs Hart for further information on 01606 852149 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org