Job vacancy details
Teaching Assistant 1:1 - Temporary 1 Year
Charles Darwin prides itself on its inclusivity and the care we offer to all members of our school community. In order to ensure one of our pupils has the best possible opportunities to succeed we are looking for a 1:1 Teaching Assistants to join our caring and successful team.
- This post will be for one year supporting a Y6 boy who is generally superb but can experience high levels of emotional distress leading to behaviour that challenges.
- Experience of wide raging positive behaviour management strategies is essential. The child is highly capable but sadly he struggles with his Social, Emotional and Mental Health. He needs support to raise his self-esteem and developing strategies to manage his emotions.
- Although the successful candidate will work under the guidance of the class teacher he or she will be expected to contribute fully to daily plans and objectives for the pupil, to act upon own initiative at times and to respond to difference circumstances in a positive and engaging manner.
- The successful candidate will need to build a firm working relationship with the child built on trust, openness, honesty and respect.
- Ability and willingness to develop a positive relationship with parents and colleagues is essential.
Candidates must be able to use their own initiative, show flexible thinking and have a good sense of humour. If you can demonstrate the ability to work as part of an enthusiastic and hard-working team, have a positive outlook, are resourceful and creative and are committed to ensuring the best possible experiences for children within the school setting, please apply.
Charles Darwin C.P. School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to have full enhanced DBS check.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in our job vacancy. Please complete the application as fully as possible and explain any gaps in your employment history. We would like to understand more about how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the job description and person specification for the role.
Application forms should be returned to Adam Croft - Headteacher