Job vacancy details
Required from 1st September 2020 for a one year placement (which may be extended to allow completion of the apprenticeship.)
Salary: £4.15 per hour
The Governors and Headteacher are seeking to appoint an EYFS apprentice to join the team at Cherry Grove Primary School working in our EYFS unit.
This is a perfect position for someone wanting to start their career in teaching support or perhaps ultimately a career in teaching. The school is a great environment to work in and the leadership team are keen to support a new teaching assistant with the keenness to learn and develop themselves.
Prime Objectives of the Post:
- Promoting and working within an Early Years setting, meeting the needs of the children and families, in accordance with the policies, procedures and working practices
- Working as part of a team in assisting and consolidating the provision of a high quality Early Years curriculum
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with individuals or small groups of pupils in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff and provide feedback to the teacher
- Support pupils to understand instructions support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils
- Promote positive values attitudes and good pupil behaviour dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy
- Work to a Key Worker system to provide care and Education through the provision of stimulating enjoyable and constructive activities appropriate to the child’s age and abilities to ensure physical social emotional and intellectual development, taking into account diversity.
- Prepare and clear up learning environment and resources, including photocopying, filing and the display and presentation of pupils work and contribute to maintaining a safe environment
- Support children in their learning both inside the setting and in outdoor play areas; recognising and responding to their individual needs, ensuring all children are engaged in appropriate activities
- Supervise and support children at all times including school visits, trips and out of school activities.
- Ensure the physical needs of children are being met and maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene (e.g. Washing, dressing and toileting)
- Act as a key worker for a group of children for part of each day
- Monitor and evaluate the children’s responses to learning activities as part of the planning cycle.
- Ability to relate well to children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to assist pupils – play alongside and with children
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Knowledge of the concept of confidentiality
- Administrative skills
- Basic knowledge of First Aid
- Ability to make effective use of ICT
- Flexible attitude to work
- Maths and English GCSE A-C (8-4) or equivalent
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
- Successful completion of the apprenticeship will lead to consideration for any roles that are available within the school at the time
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in our job vacancy. Please email email@example.com for an application form, and return to the same. Please complete the application as fully as possible and explain any gaps in your employment history. We would like to understand more about how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the job description and person specification for the role.